AZ Bird Network

Full Version: Pygmy-Owl at my feeders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had a huge flock of Juncos and finches at my backyard bird feeders today in the light snow. This afternoon at about 3:30, I heard the Juncos in my front yard, extremely agitated. I went out to see if there was a cat in the yard, but didn't see anything. I glanced in the backyard and did a double take as I realized there was a Northern Pygmy-Owl on the ground. I managed to get a picture of it with it's House Finch meal.
[attachment=19402]
That's cool and a great yard bird.
Great yardie Tom!
That is awesome!
That's amazing Tom!!!
(12 Feb 2018, 4:27 PM)tshedwall Wrote: [ -> ]I've had a huge flock of Juncos and finches at my backyard bird feeders today in the light snow. This afternoon at about 3:30, I heard the Juncos in my front yard, extremely agitated. I went out to see if there was a cat in the yard, but didn't see anything. I glanced in the backyard and did a double take as I realized there was a Northern Pygmy-Owl on the ground. I managed to get a picture of it with it's House Finch meal.

Wow!

Gary