Flagstaff Roadrunner
16 Jan 2010, 8:11 PM,
Flagstaff Roadrunner
Three days ago. on my way to pick up my son at Haven Montessori school (Plaza Vieja) I saw (with bad eyes from a great distance!) what I thought was a very large, female grackle. Turned out to be a roadrunner. Bryce Marshal had commented on seeing one in Flagstaff this Fall, but January? What is it eating? Wish I had a camera. As I pulled up, it hopped onto a yard fence in a perfect pose. House boarders railroad tracks to the back. My friend Art lives 2 houses down and had been told by neighbors but found it hard to believe. Anyone else seen roadrunners in Flag this time of year?
17 Jan 2010, 5:49 AM,

Yesterday I saw a roadrunner cross the highway near milepost 433 on highway 89. This is on the north side of the peaks, near the lower limits of the ponderosas.

Back in late December, with plenty of snow on the ground, a roadrunner was seen on the Grand Canyon South Rim at Desert View.
17 Jan 2010, 9:14 AM,

There was a recent thread discussing roadrunners above the rim and in the Flagstaff area. Here is the link:

http://www.nazaudubon.com/sightings/view...p?tid=3726

Last week on a bike ride I found one flattened on Slayton Ranch Road about a quarter mile north of the junction with Townsend/ Winona. This location is lower and the habitat is Pinyon/ Juniper.
20 Jan 2010, 12:17 PM,
Roadrunners in Flagstaff in winter
Last winter a greater roadrunner hung out in our neighborhood (north end of N. San Francisco St.) for several months. I never saw it but my son saw it run across my front deck in mid-December when we had a lot of snow. My mailman kept me posted (no pun intended) of the roadrunner which he frequently saw on a short street near the medical center. I, too, wondered what it was eating...probably dog food and small birds.
20 Jan 2010, 12:19 PM,
Roadrunner program in Feb.
Forgot to mention that our Feb. 17 & 18 meetings will feature roadrunners and other cuckoos. Susi MacVean, Nongame biologist for AG&FD, is the speaker.
20 Jan 2010, 8:19 PM,
roadrunners at Flagstaff
A Greater Roadrunner was sighted on the Mormon Lake Christmas Bird Count Dec 19th. Other sightings have been made during the fall and early winter by a variety of birders. On Jan 15 a roadrunner was seen in the Doney Park area while surveying for mid-winter eagles.

Elaine
23 Jan 2010, 3:42 PM,
GRROs in Flagstaff
I live downtown (across the tracks from Plaza Vieja), and a GRRO ran down my street this morning. A friend of mine saw one in this neighborhood a few months ago. This bugger must live here.

I often see them in Doney Park (Cave Crater area) as well.
25 Jan 2010, 10:15 AM,
Got him!
We saw the Road runner on Sunday at the corner of Bonito and Santa Fe, sure hope he doesn't get run over. He seemed really confused with all the snowbanks
We were thrilled! we 've been hearing about him for a year!
Betsy

Attached Files Image(s)

26 Jan 2010, 10:53 PM,
FW: Williams roadrunners
A classmate in my Ornithology class said that the week after Christmas she was passing through Williams where she saw a roadrunner eating right outside the doors of a gas station there. She said that the owners of the station were putting out scraps of ham for it and told her there is a pair of the roadrunners that hangs out there.

Eric
27 Jan 2010, 5:14 PM,

I had a Roadrunner in my yard in Pioneer Valley today! He was too quick for pictures. I accidently flushed him out putting seed out for the other birds. I threw some ham pieces, mealworms and dog food on a tray feeder in case he should come back.
2 Feb 2010, 3:56 PM,

I've had the roadrunner in my yard at least three times this week. He had a junco meal tonight for those who have wondered what they are eating. I've attached pictures. He couldn't seem to get the feathers off his face.

[file]3913[/file]

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roadrunner eharding 1 656 5 Dec 2017, 1:15 PM
Last Post: TimR74
  Another Flagstaff Roadrunner tblows 6 1,857 10 Sep 2017, 1:32 PM
Last Post: jawilder
  roadrunner eharding 1 827 7 Dec 2016, 9:02 AM
Last Post: gbotello
  Roadrunner in Pine Dell neighborhood Zack Zdinak 0 761 19 Oct 2016, 2:27 PM
Last Post: Zack Zdinak
  Greater Roadrunner in Country Club, Flagstaff Cactospiza 0 824 18 Sep 2016, 2:34 PM
Last Post: Cactospiza
  Great Roadrunner at Cosnino x I-40 cdvojta 0 955 16 Feb 2015, 11:12 AM
Last Post: cdvojta
  Continuing Roadrunner at Elden Spring rauler 0 1,246 31 Oct 2014, 3:23 PM
Last Post: rauler
  Greater Roadrunner - Pictures Akitaslvr 0 887 18 Feb 2010, 6:34 AM
Last Post: Akitaslvr
  Roadrunner, Elden 10/26/09 gbotello 10 4,184 20 Dec 2009, 4:23 PM
Last Post: Jodi Griffith
  Wood Duck & Roadrunner at Picture Canyon Tom Linda 1 953 2 Nov 2009, 9:24 AM
Last Post: Zack Zdinak