sedona area notes

1. since our fallout on march 13th the sedona wetlands has had many willets, 24 white pelicans stayed 2 hours, normal least and spotted sandpipers, but no solitary or western sandpipers at all, only a couple days of wilson's phalaropes, only black-necked stilts 1 day, and reasonable number of avocets.
2. more than average late ducks with 2 redheads, 6 ring-necks, a shoveler, a wigeon all here on may 1
3. we had a lewis' woodpecker in our yard from march 21 to april 29 that delighted a few people
4. we and others still have a lot of siskins
5. very few cassin's finches passing through this april.
6. there was a thread on a cinammon/blue-winged teal hybrid - we had a beauty at the wetlands with a full blue-winged male head with half moon and a cinammon body. sam posted pictures on ebird.
7. sam reported 2 downy woodpeckers together on mingus in late april - could they be nesting? i did not find them.
8. and i cannot resist mentioning that after 9 years of looking in miller canyon, williams, nother flag, the bradshaws, and 40 times on mingus we finally got a northern goshawk for arizona and yavapai county!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rich armstrong
928-282-3675

gbotello

1. since our fallout on march 13th the sedona wetlands has had many willets, 24 white pelicans stayed 2 hours, normal least and spotted sandpipers, but no solitary or western sandpipers at all, only a couple days of wilson's phalaropes, only black-necked stilts 1 day, and reasonable number of avocets.
2. more than average late ducks with 2 redheads, 6 ring-necks, a shoveler, a wigeon all here on may 1
3. we had a lewis' woodpecker in our yard from march 21 to april 29 that delighted a few people
4. we and others still have a lot of siskins
5. very few cassin's finches passing through this april.
6. there was a thread on a cinammon/blue-winged teal hybrid - we had a beauty at the wetlands with a full blue-winged male head with half moon and a cinammon body. sam posted pictures on ebird.
7. sam reported 2 downy woodpeckers together on mingus in late april - could they be nesting? i did not find them.
8. and i cannot resist mentioning that after 9 years of looking in miller canyon, williams, nother flag, the bradshaws, and 40 times on mingus we finally got a northern goshawk for arizona and yavapai county!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rich armstrong
928-282-3675
Hey, Rich! Contrats on the Northern Goshawk!

I had my one and only sighting several years ago at, of all places, Kachina Wetlands!

Gary